Writing persuasive essay is widespread assignment for high school students and common task of standardized tests at middle school level. Writing a persuasive essay at middle school for the first time can be really hard.Сlassroom projects include argumentative essay that can be identified as an interpreting or piece of writing analyses.
Many students do not realize the necessity of persuasive writing and judge it a useless activity. Papers are essential for writing skills improvement. They help students develop mental capacity and deepen knowledge; improve critical reasoning abilities, investigative skills. Studying should include task of essay that argues a particular idea. This will give students opportunity to understand opinion writing basics: layouting, phrasing, organizing thoughts, that will help them later in high schools and colleges.
Choosing one of proposed essay topics can be quite difficult. Teachers should provide assignments to write essay on an easy topics, progressing to more complex ones. The topic essence should be familiar to children from their homes or families. This will help students learn how to put their thoughts in evidence-based way, providing reasons and examples.
Here is a list persuasive essay topics that middle school students can easily write and which will help sharpen students’ writing skills:
- What makes me special?
- The impact of technology on humans
- Things I’m afraid of
- Modern diseases and health problems
- Should be smoking prohibited in public places?
- Harmful influence of plastic products
- How people influence the environment
- Horrible influence of video games
- How can knowledge quality be improved in schools with low level of education?
- Is learning foreign languages really important?
- Cleaning snow from sidewalks as part-time work
- Should the government prohibit hunting?
- 10 pluses and minuses of death penalty
- A school official uniform is a good or bad idea?
- Are researchers able use cosmetics on animals?
- Why helmets should be mandatory for motorcyclists
- What is better: public schools or private ones?
- Should people be allowed keep exotic animals at home?
- Children’s cell phone: advantages and disadvantages
- Do mothers have to work or stay in the apartments?
- If given a chance, what would you do for a poor old man living down the street?
- If I were the president
- Do children need to go to a year round school?
- Pros and cons of zoos
- Achievements of stem cell researchers
- The book that influenced me
- The person I admire
- Qualities necessary to become president
- Do multiple examinations provide lots of stress for school boys and girls?
- Should teens be able to get birth control pills?
Practice paper writing on these topics is a way of preparing children to cope with more complex tasks.
The essay structure is universal. The written work consists of following parts:
- Topic, reflecting the theme of narrative.
- Introduction, consisting of 2-4 short sentences that cover the topic.
- The main part including 2-3 paragraphs, describing the work essence. Here you need to maximally fully and competently open the topic, bring opinion statements and argue them.
- Conclusion, consisting of 2-4 sentences and summarizing the written. Here you draw general conclusion of the paper.
Each of paragraphs in the main part begins with a topic sentence: this is “introduction” to the paragraph. Subsequent sentences develop and confirm thought expressed in the topic sentence.
Persuasive speech and papers allow to fully demonstrate creative abilities, non-standard and flexible thinking, skills of written communication and effective self-presentation.
To make this theoretical knowledge you need to actively use them. Training to write essays on different topics will be the best preparation to the exam.
And if you need to promptly and accurately prepare written works and get high marks, contact our team of professionals and we will gladly help you with your task.